Due to biological hindrances, gay couples need to find not only a surrogate but also a suitable egg donor (we will come to that in the following space). Apart from that, one also needs to be mindful of the surrogacy laws and connect with top-rated surrogacy agencies. Thus, it is a multifactorial procedure, and partnering with an agency can help you in the management of all the steps so you can focus on what matters most: getting ready for your baby’s arrival!
As a gay couple, the ideal approach to start surrogacy is to connect with a surrogacy agency that will take care of all of your medical and non-medical needs and will also help you in understanding the types of surrogacy available according to your unique condition, decreasing your stress and making your journey to parenthood is much smoother.
But how do you find a comprehensive surrogacy agency?
Check the space ahead to find out more. Things To Look For In A Surrogacy Agency
When looking for a surrogacy agency, it’s critical to assess the agency and determine what services are offered and also ask about the gestational surrogacy success rates. When choosing a surrogacy agency, keep the following criteria in mind:
- The first and most important step is to choose a surrogacy agency that is LGBTQIA+ accepting. You don’t want to work with an agency that isn’t LGBTQIA+ friendly, it is not recommended. A surrogacy agency that specializes in same-sex surrogacy is the one you need to find out.
- Look for testimonials from previous intended parents, also find more about affording surrogacy options.
- Find out how long they’ve been working with gay couples and the statistics of their successful pregnancies.
- Connect with other gay intended parents through social media or support groups and find out which surrogacy agency they are planning to choose.
- Learn about the agency’s financial plans, their costs, and the fees of surrogates. Make sure that all the expenses quoted by the surrogacy agency are transparent.
- Find out which fertility clinics are affiliated with the agency.
- A professional agency should be able to provide both you and the surrogate.
- With psychological evaluation and treatment. Hence look out for this service in your potential surrogacy agency.
The surrogacy procedure is influenced by the agency’s atmosphere. Keep an eye out for staff that are friendly, compassionate and diligent.
If the surrogacy agency you have shortlisted meets the above-listed criteria, it is time to finalize them!